Museums Victoria welcomes applications from tertiary students for short, unpaid, work integrated learning placements, or internships, across a diverse range of departments at Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Immigration Museum.
Applications can only be considered if:
- You are currently in the second or subsequent year of a tertiary course;
- the placement is a compulsory requirement of your course, and
- the placement is authorised by your educational institution, and they provide insurance cover for you whilst you are on placement.
At this time, students seeking voluntary placements, graduates, and other non-students are not eligible to apply for internships, but are welcome to apply for volunteer roles.
How to apply
Applications for our internship program are currently being accepted.
To apply, please submit the following:
- a cover letter. This is the main part of your application and should outline why you are interested in an internship at Museums Victoria, your areas of interest related to the Museum, your associated skills and experience as well as your academic achievements, your intended learning outcomes or what you are hoping to achieve, and your time frames and availability;
- a brief CV, including grades for completed units of your current study; and
- any information provided by the University about this placement.
Applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. There are many variables that impact on internship opportunities, such as the needs and capacity of the department, staff commitments, students already in the program, academic compatibility, project availability, and the timeliness of the application.
Applications should be emailed to the Education Placement Officer at email@example.com.